Around this time every of year I tell myself that I’m going to pack an emergency kit of all the things I need when I’m stuck at work and I have a last minute invite out for drinks, or I break a nail or just having one of those days. The thing is I never do it and another year rolls by and I kick myself when I’m having a bad hair day and wished I had a can of dry shampoo on me.
But this is a new year and there’s no more excuses especially when my fab gal pal Cynthia gave me this stunning Country Road makeup bag for Christmas. Perfect for my Emergency Style Kit or ESK as it shall be known from now on.
In the 2014 ESK I’ve packed;
• Deodorant – I smell, don’t hate me!
• Dry Shampoo – for those bad hair days when I needed to sleep a little longer.
• Hairspray – see Dry Shampoo
• Hand Cream – some days being a paper pusher takes a toll on my delicate hands.
• Rescue Remedy – for the times you want to head butt your colleagues!
• Nail File – I’m always breaking a nail at work, hazards of being an Office Manager.
• Comb – for the Dry Shampoo, Hairspray, nights out etc.
• Listerine Strips – for those impromptu meetings with your boss or last minute after work dates (not with your boss, unless you REALLY want that promotion).
• Painkillers – see Rescue Remedy.
• Perfume / Earrings / Hair Clip – last minute touches of fabulousness when you’re caught unawares.
What I also included but didn’t add pics of; band aids, tampons and a pair of stockings.
I also didn’t add lipstick (because there’s always at least 7 tubes in my handbag) and makeup as I usually bring a kit if I know I’m going out after work. The ESK is strictly for those times when you’re caught out and don’t have time to go home or run to the store.
What do you think, have I missed any essential items? What would you have packed in your own ESK?