I love a good pairing; Sonny and Cher, vodka and tonic, Dolly and Kenny and the best by far would have to be peanut butter and chocolate – a marriage made in food porn heaven! There’s something so delicious about the gorgeous salty peanut butter mixed in with the sweet chocolate and when you add banana to the mix, well what can I say, in a word it’s DIVINE!
This recipe for Peanut Butter + Banana Bites is quick and easy and makes for a great snack before a work-out or as an after dinner treat. This would work best with big bananas (wouldn’t everything!) and I tried my hardest to find the biggest bananas *ahem* but my supermarket only had little ones. Alas they still worked out and didn’t last very long. Bon appetit xo
Peanut Butter + Banana Bites
- 2 large bananas
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, whatever floats your boat)
- 200g chocolate (again, your choice)
- 100g dessicated coconut
- toothpicks or lollipop sticks
- Peel and slice the bananas into round slices
- If you’re fancy you can use a piping bag, otherwise you can use a knife to spread the peanut butter onto the bananas then top with a plain banana slice – just like a sandwich. Insert a toothpick into each bite and pop them in the fridge to harden
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate, making sure to stir continuously. Once all melted pour the chocolate into a glass to make dipping the chocolate easier.
- Dip your banana bites into the chocolate and then place them onto some baking paper. Sprinkle the top with coconut. Once they’re all done pop them back into the fridge to harden. After and hour or two they’re ready to shove into your gob!
Oooh yummy! 🙂
They’re pretty awesome!! 🙂
I love love love the look of these!
They’re scrumptious!! Need to make another batch ASAP 🙂
Yummo!!! Gonna have to try these! Unleash my inner Elvis! When I’m being ultra bad, I love me a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich! You know what our food/portions are like here. I was in Savannah recently with a girlfriend, and we went to a well known breakfast restaurant. She got something called “The Elvis”. It was HUGE! French toast, stuffed with peanut butter and bananas, sprinkled with powdered sugar and whipped cream. Then you put syrup on it. It was honestly enough for three people to eat. But it was damn delicious!
Ooooooh sounds gooooood!
When we were in Vegas last year one of the café’s had a dish called The Elvis – it was like a 12 stack of pancakes with bacon, peanut butter etc. I was so tempted to order it to see what it would be like (knowing full well the serving sizes!) but chickened out! NEXT TIME 🙂 xo
OH MY GAH! This is too divine!! How can you show me this when I’m about to eat some dusty goddamn porridge? Totes trying this on the weekend ♥ Also finding big bananas is a global issue right now #justsayin
Right?! Where are all the big bananas at?! 🍌🍌🍌
I wish I had some of these now. Too lazy to make dinner LOL xo
My local wholefoods shop does dark chocolate with sea salt- I’m gonna get sexual on this!!
Oooh I’ve become such a ho for dark chocolate xx
This looks yum!
Thanks Camila, they didn’t last long!
These look so yum! I just have to try these 🙂 Great recipe and it seems so easy to make!
Suuuuuuuuuper easy! 🙂